Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My "ONE" year old?!?!

 
 
Although this blog is titled "My "ONE" year old?!?!", I thought I would start this blog off by apologizing that the last time I took time to update this blog, I had an eight month old...In my first blog I asked myself the question "How can I be a good blogger". My plan was to be current and update my blog often...WHOOPS! My apologies, there will be a blog after this one to share what this year has held, along with some pretty encouraging victories!  For now, I just want to rant about my beautiful daughter!
 
 
So, to the point. My ONE YEAR OLD?!?! Really? Did this really happen to me? A minute ago I was pushing my bundle of goodness out, during the best moment of my life. Now I have the cutest, patootie-est one year old ever! (sorry other mommies... I know we all think ours are the cutest!) I mean look at her! She's beautiful right?
 
 
So many beautiful and wonderful things have taken place over the duration of her life. Along with some not so pleasant, extremely painful, and frankly petrifying to my soul "events". God has shown His unfailing provision, and goodness to us yet again. When my husband and I named our daughter, we named her because it meant "The place where God walked". We felt it would define an intimate relationship that she would one day, hopefully at a young age, have with her heavenly Father. Throughout this year, when I'd look at my daughter, I'd find myself saying "Eden...my joy, my pleasure, my delight". When we dedicated our daughter to the Lord, our pastor spoke over her what her name meant in Hebrew. A definition my husband and I had never heard for the name Eden. It was "my Joy, my pleasure, my delight". I was amazed because I knew that the Lord had named her, and then used me as her mother to call out who she is!


In honor of Eden's first birthday, and all we have been through together... Eden decided to get my husband and I a present. She gave us a walking baby!

                                            
I'd been told by many many parents that you DO NOT want your baby to start walking! I however, couldn't wait for her to start walking! Yes she's into everything, but it's so much fun watching your child slowly gain there own sense of independence. Not to mention now she can wear girly dresses, and her pants aren't always dirty in the knees!
 
                                                                           Eden,
                                  
                                                                        From this...



                                                                         To this...

                                             
                                                                      In one year...


A year that I completely lost myself, and somehow found me! A year that felt like death some days, and others felt like real life. Someone told me last night that before I know it I'll be wondering where my life went. That we are all headed towards the same place, and are all surprised when we get there, how fast it went by. I felt so blessed to be able to respond with "Every time I rock my babe to sleep, every time she wraps her arms around me, every time I bless the food we eat, I take a few extra moments to thank the Lord for every moment He has given me, in that day with my little daughter. It is true. Life is a vapor. However, I truly believe that through thanksgiving, we can spend more time in each moment, which actually slows that vapor down.


I will not live life blinded, numbed, deaf, and lifeless to those that I Cherish around me.

I will strive for things that matter, and not pocket fillers. I am so thankful for my life, for who I am, and for all that has been given to me. My life doesn't look like anything special, but to me, I have been given the most special gift... My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment