Sunday, March 10, 2013

SRING AHEAD!!!

                   
        You know how I know it's Spring(Almost)?!?!
                                                  Here are 3 reasons I know it's Spring!

                                     1. My sweet One-year-old finally has a 25x5 ft. area in 
                                                     our driveway to run around in! 

Loving life. hobbling back and forth saying dubba-dubba-dubba!
In the complete middle of doing a "we've made it to Spring" victory dance!

Playing "Catch the Shadow"

                                           

                                                         But mostly playing...


QUICK! Run away from mommy!!!

Love this little squirt!



2. Because, the lady that sells me Raw Goat's Milk came to church today with Goat's Milk to sell!!! That is... Goats have their baby goats in the spring, which is also the time you start milking them! SPRING!

So what did I spend Eden's afternoon nap making???


 Yummy Goat's Milk CHEESE!!!

Here's how:
First: gather ingredients...
1/8 C. vinegar per every Pint of milk.


                                                      Second: Poor milk in Pot...



Third: Turn stove top on High...


Then: Bring milk to a boil, while constantly stirring...



Once to a boil, add your vinegar! stirring...


Stir for about 2-3 minutes rejoicing with all the curds floating in your now whey! 


Then poor into your cheese cloth/strainer concoction, and let the whey drain out, while gently stirring the curds! 
             Note:You can save your whey to cook with, it is known to be "nutrition", but we don't eat whey so I just let it go down the drain)


Stir in your salt!


I used 1/2 Teaspoon at first, then ended up putting another 1/2 tsp. in!


After you've mushed a lot of your whey out of the curds, fold the corners up and twist. This will get the rest of your whey out! Note: For a dryer cheese squeeze as much of the liquid(whey) out as you can. For a softer cheese leave more of the liquid in!


 Wallah! Fresh goat's milk cheese for my "spring salad" I made for lunch!!!





3. The final reason I know that it's spring is...




           This  beast fruit! I bought this the other day at the grocery store... It's called a UNIQ fruit. After making my cheese I opened it up and bit into a sliver that was the size of half a naval orange! it was the juiciest, yummiest, most lovely of surprises! I jumped off my seat and said to myself "I need to know where this comes from and it's description!" Off to the Kitchen I go! Digging into the compost for the peal of the Uniq, to see if there is a sticker on it! There is! 


Add caption

 "Jamaica", that's cool! I like Jamaicans... Do you see what it says under the "Jamaica"??? "Good Hope" That's right! After a week of what seemed to be the Greyest of all weeks. A week that until yesterday left me feeling like "Spring will never come"... Today happened! I beautiful surprise! My afternoon adventure ended with me laughing about my fruit being none as the "good hope" fruit! There is hope!


I finished off my early afternoon with a two-mile, gorgeously sunny, smile plastered on face walk with my daughter, and now am going on a "drive adventure"... Which will probably end with some "spring time" Iced coffee somewhere, and Eden playing with her Auntie, Uncle and Doggie Cousin! 


Happy Sunday, and Spring-Like day Everyone!!!

G(O)OD HOPE!







































No comments:

Post a Comment