Friday, March 8, 2013

TGIF!!! She took one for the team!

Today's Theme 
"TGIF", and "She took one for the team"!


TGIF has been something that's rolled of my tongue every week lately! Without thought, I wake up on Friday, and out it comes... THANK YOU GOD I MADE IT TO FRIDAY!!! Why I'm speaking this famous phrase I know not... Friday means nothing to me. Most of the time my husband is gone from 5:30am Friday-9:30am Monday. Meaning that I'm left to my own defenses to survive the weekend with my One-year-old. However, this week has been different.  This week I've earned my TGIF. For three weeks now Eden has been sick. If you don't have any children, you have no idea what this means for a mom. If you have children, one or many, you know EXACTLY What I'm saying! Last Friday though... That's when the real fun started! When momma woke up sick with what made life "hell-like" the two weeks prior. Let me just say this, I don't get sick. Really... My husband gets sick, gives it to Eden... and usually it stops there. If I do get sick, it's a rare.. Very rare. A once every few years kind of thing! I got the whole chi-bang! Soar throat, congestion, head-throbbing, drowsiness, fever, stomach ache! All of it! My sickness just happened to fall on the week that my husband had to work 51/2 days! Meaning... He was gone for 51/2 days, and 5 nights! No husband. No one! Just sick me, cranky Eden! Every day was a challenge. I mean really, this whole week I've been trying to think of anything that compares to the agony of being sick, and not being able to take care of yourself. Not resting, nothing. Just, chasing after someone Else's needs. Trying to keep that someone from escalating into a disastrous situation at any moment. nothing compares! Nothing.

So I made it! A week of Eden getting over her cold, and momma being sick. It's Friday! We made it!(Again, I'm not sure what we made it to, or for what, but we made it!) As I was sipping down the first cup of coffee I've had all week, I debated going to my mom's group. Although I feel better, I still have a lot of congestion, that was messing with my ability to hear well. "Ahhh what the heck, why not! I'll go. It'll do Eden and I good to get out, anyway." I rush together to get myself showered, hair done, make up on, teeth brushed, clothes on, shoes on, wood in fire, Eden's diaper changed, clothes on, shoes on, car started, Eden's snack packed. I did it! All of it! It's only 8:45 am, and look at all I've done! Take a shot of Dayquil and off we go! 

I check in and get my name tag, I check Eden in and get her name tag. I bring her to the nursery, take her coat off, sticker her snacks and water, introduce her to the nursery lady, kiss her, and find my seat. Then, I get coffee. First a half cup, then half way to my seat I think "what the? what am I thinking?!?! Get back to that coffee table, and fill this cup to the brim!!! So, I do. The ladies slowly trickle in, probably having a similar morning as I did. They go through the same routine, and then end up sitting at the same table. every one's chatting. I'm not chatting. Nope, not me. Why? I can't hear a thing. I'm trapped in my head! I can't hear out, but have plenty going on inside! Like, "does everyone at this table know I can't hear them?" and "Look at all of us women, sitting at the same table, doing the same things with our lives(being mothers)... What were we thinking? watching the mom's with multiple children I thought "Maybe we shouldn't have anymore..."

The devotion was done by a distant cousin of Winston Churchill! How cool was that?!?! She was miked so I could hear her just fine! Apparently Winston was a "strong willed" baby. Reminded me of Eden... There's hope! The speaker of the day, spoke on the "Five Love Languages". Also on a mic, which was a good thing, because I much needed to be reminded about the Love Languages! Half way through, One of the Nursery ladies squats down beside me and says something softly to me, not to interrupt. I look at her with squinty eyes, and I'm sure a confused look on my face. She repeats, "One of the little girls in the nursery bit your daughters cheek, and then her forehead. She didn't brake skin, but we wanted to know if you wanted to come to the nursery before groups over so we can explain what happened." (Perhaps they thought I would be upset...) Again, I probably looked confused as I said, "I'm sure she's fine, I'll come in when it's over". I look back to the speaker. "Is this really happening? I knew I heard a blood-curdling scream that sounded like Eden"... "poor thing. How many times in a life do you get bit? Twice!" Okay Elizabeth focus! Love languages! Speaker finishes. Now it's time for table discussion time/mommy craft. Everyone goes around the table answer the discussion questions about the message. I answer. I'm not sure what I said. I'm pretty sure none of it made sense, seems everyone at the table looked at me like "what are you trying to say". I look at the clock. 11:30. 15 more minutes. Craft time. We make pretty paper, framed, with dry erase markers... The idea: To create a "dry erase board" to right sweet things to our honeys... Cute idea. Mine came out okay. Group gets over. Time to go get Eden. I go in the nursery and am immediately greeted by a 13ish-year-old, holding Eden, Saying "I'm so so so sorry! It was my little sister that bit her! I'm so sorry" Eden has two HUGE bite marks on her face. I'm not sure who the little sister was that bit her, but whoever she was, she had a big mouth! I'm thinking "poor Eden, you must have looked pretty appetizing for a little kid to take a bite into your cheek!" "apparently you were appetizing, cause she took another bite into your forehead!" 
Eden looked at me as if to say "Oh thank God it's mommy!" She held on and patted my back for the entire time I rallied our stuff together. It was almost like she was comforting me. I then had two other ladies come up to me and apologize. One, two, three times. "It's okay, kids bite I say." Then I go back to my table to get my purse and coat. The mother of the little girl who ate Eden, came up to me and started apologizing. "It's okay I say, kids bite." I'm starting to think by the way these women were apologizing that I wasn't upset enough. "Am I not upset enough that Eden got eaten in the nursery? I mean she doesn't seem to be to upset about the huge mouth marks on her cheek and forehead"... 

All I could think was "good job Eden, you took one for the team!" 
(The team being "It's Friday, and mommy needs out of the house!)



                         Now to Trader Joe's to pick up some odds and ends left on my grocery list. In-N-out. Back in the car where I feed Eden her snacks, to hold her over till we get home. Driving home Eden clonked out! She looked very sad with her face all chewed up! Suddenly I get hungrier than a hippo! I accomplished everything this morning! EXCEPT food. It's now 12:30 and I haven't eaten anything yet today! Why? Why do I do this!?!?! I try my hardest and keep the speed limit. I drive in the driveway, lock my baby in the car, and RUN into the house and grab...

                      The very thing I tell my husband "NOT TO EAT, BECAUSE THEY ARE                      
                                             EDEN'S SNACKS!!!" I finish off half the box... 




I wipe my cheesy "Cheddar Snack Mix" finger's off, and go to "blogger.com", to get a grip on my day. Eden, still clonked out, sleeping off her disastrous three weeks. Me, Typing dryly and bluntly the order of it. Not caring about grammar, and spelling. Laughing inside, and  thinking... "TGIF!!!" 





     *This is not a complaint of my week and day. Just a note that I can chuckle about now that I'm through it! 




                       Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment